Wednesday, October 31, 2007



The National Enquirer has uncovered a tape of Dog the Bounty Hunter telling one of his sons that he doesn't want him dating a person of color because he and his family say the n-word way too many times and doesn't want them thinking he's a racist because of it.

He fears they're going to hear him say the word and they'll run to the National Enquirer and out him as being a racist. Oops.

I love his show and all, but I don't think I'll be able to watch it after hearing him go off the way he does. Someone saying they're not a racist, but then use the n-word and would say "fuck you" if his daughter brought home a black guy and doesn't want any of his kids dating anybody of color because he says the n-word way too many times is a racist.

He keeps repeating derogatory words to classify a race. To me, that's racist. And then he goes beyond that by basically saying that it's ok for his kids to use the n-word, since he's afraid the kids will slip? I mean he basically tells his son, it's your black girlfriend or your family and job.

I'm not watching that show again. I can't support racists, sorry.

A&E has suspended production of the show and issued this statement:
"A&E has just learned of the story released by the National Enquirer concerning Duane Dog Chapman. We take this matter very seriously. Pending an investigation, we have suspended production on the series. When the inquiry is concluded we will take appropriate action."

Click Play below to listen to what he said.



Source

Update: Dog apologises. Read his apology, after the jump.



“My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. It was completely taken out of context. I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term. I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people, who have already suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to the world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused.

“In Hawai’i, we have something called ho’oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance. I am meeting with my spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, and hope to meet with other black leaders so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right again.

“I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing. I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me. We learn from our mistakes, as my story of overcoming a life of crime has proven, and I will learn from this one for the rest of my life.”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment