Saturday, September 29, 2007

Suicide Pact?



Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne have decided that if they ever get an illness that affects their brains.

In her new book, Survivor, Sharon details what she wants for her future in case something were to happen to herself or Ozzy.

"We believe 100 per cent in euthanasia so have drawn up plans to go to the assisted suicide flat in Switzerland if we ever have an illness that affects our brains. If Ozzy or I ever got Alzheimer's, that's it - we'd be off.

"We gathered the kids around the kitchen table, told them our wishes and they've all agreed to go with it.

"I saw my father suffer from the day he came back into my life in 2002 to the day he died in July. There's no way I could go through what he did, or put my kids through that.

"At least with something like cancer you can communicate, say how you feel and explain why your body hurts.

But my father deteriorated at such a rapid speed he became a shell of himself - dribbling, wearing a diaper and tied into a wheelchair because he didn't realise he could no longer walk.

"Some say the disease is hereditary so at the first sign I want to be put out of my misery.

"Ozzy and I have asked our lawyers to make the appropriate arrangements. It's taken away some of the fear of our ending and is a final gift of love to our kids."

She also reveals that she's on anti-depressents and has been for ten years and that she wanted more kids after having Jack, but had to go on In Vitro Fertilization.

"The wait for results, for each phone call, was mental torture. It did me in and I couldn't go through it again."

I have to say that I agree with her. I believe in the right to die and don't necessarily think that it's a bad thing to want to die. Now, I'm not saying that everyone who's had suicidal tendencies or thoughts should just go ahead and kill themselves but if you are serious in wanting to end your life because you're suffering, then you should be able to seek medical attention to help you.

Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment