Sunday, September 23, 2007



Adrianne Curry is boycotting BET and Black History Month because she thinks it's racist.

"This is gonna be hard guys. I LOVE the comedians on BET. I also LOVE the fact that they play my favorite show of all time, In Living Color. However, I do not believe in seperating ANY RACE in America. WE ARE AMERICANS! How dare we have Black History Month! In my eyes, the Native Americans deserve it MUCH more, seeing how we destroyed their ENTIRE SOCIETY. There are hardly any of them left! They also have been proven to have the WORST living conditions on their reservations. I want AN AMERICAN HISTORY MONTH. One where we learn about EVERY race, ALL OF OUR LEADERS, EVERYONE! I think by having a month dedicated to one race, and not one for any other, is RACIST. Every fund set up to only help people of one race is SICK and RACIST."


First of all, no. Yes, we are all Americans but that diversity and the different ethnicities and backgrounds is what this country was built on and we should embrace that and enjoy our different cultures. That's what Univision and BET are for. You don't see a lot of diversity on network television and if it wasn't for those channels we wouldn't have a face on television. And if it wasn't for black history month we wouldn't necessarily know about black history. I went to school in America and it wasn't taught to me in any other month but February. BET and other channels like them aren't segregating, they're portraying a culture that isn't represented all the time in mainstream television. It's kind of like saying why have an all news channel, why not just have the news on regular channels or why have a gay channel. Why not watch what you want because you enjoy it and stop making things more than what they are.

OK, I'm done.

Click here to read Adrianne's entire blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment